CBD may just be the Fountain of Youth. Recently, Team Purity CBD wrote a blog about the use of CBD for youthful skin. If CBD is the key to a youthful glow, what happens when you combine CBD with other antioxidants? We decided to step into the kitchen and explore CBD infused smoothies.
A smoothie is not just a refreshing drink for Summer, it also allows us to blend several healthy ingredients. When thinking of a smoothie, many think of natural honey. Honey is a known antioxidant and has been used for thousands of years.
We are also using honey as a sweetener in our smoothie. CBD oil should be infused into another ingredient before adding to any smoothie. Just as we infused cooking oil with CBD before assembling the Lemon Cake on our website, we will infuse honey for a smoothie.
The good news is that once you make a jar of CBD infused honey, you can add it to other beverages. Consider making some CBD-honey hot or cold tea. Once you create a jar of CBD-infused honey, you can store it at room temperature for months.
Crafting Your CBD-Infused Honey
Making your own jar of CBD-infused honey is relatively easy. It just takes time. Gather these supplies and get started.
- You will need a glass jar with a lid. Remember that it is best to store any CBD-infused product in a dark brown or blue jar. You can find these online or at any craft store.
- 6 ounces of natural honey. Be picky. Source your favorite honey from at any farm-to-market location.
- 250 milligrams of Purity CBD Oil
Spoon the 6oz of natural honey into the glass jar. Place a pot on the stove and fill it to an amount that will cover the height of the honey in the jar. Do not place the honey jar in the water at this time. Bring the water to a boil.
Gently place your honey jar into the center of the pot of boiling water. At this time, put the lid on the jar, but leave room for air to escape. The honey will start to thin.
- As the honey thins, remove the lid and gently stir in the CBD oil. Continue to gently mix.
- Leave the honey jar in the pot of hot water, turning off the heat. Let rest for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove and let the infused honey cool to room temperature. Secure with lid.
Enjoy a Healthy CBD Infused Smoothie
Now that you have a jar of CBD-infused honey, you can blend any smoothie that calls for honey as a sweetener or replace sugar with honey.
In the Purity kitchen, we decided to create pineapple smoothies. Pineapple is another ingredient with antioxidants. We combined three healthy ingredients to include the ultimate antioxidant Summer smoothie.
Pineapple CBD Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened and non-flavored almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 large chunks of fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of CBD infused honey
- A few ice cubes
Blend all together and share it with a friend. PS: We also enjoyed some frozen peach smoothies. The combinations are only limited by your imagination.
CBD really is the Fountain of Youth… Enjoy!