CBD in The Kitchen - CBD Infused Smoothies [Recipes Included]
CBD may just be the Fountain of Youth. Recently, Team Purity CBD wrote a blog about the use of CBD for youthful skin. If CBD is the key to a youthful glow, what happens when you combine CBD with other antioxidants? We decided to step into the kitchen and explore CBD infused smoothies. A smoothie is not just a refreshing drink for Summer, it also allows us to blend several healthy ingredients. When thinking of a smoothie, many think of natural honey. Honey is a known antioxidant and has been used for thousands of years. CBD before assembling the Lemon Cake on our website, we will infuse honey for a smoothie. The good news is that once you make a jar of CBD infused honey, you can add it to other beverages. Consider making some CBD-honey hot or cold tea. Once you create a jar of CBD-infused honey, you can store it at room temperature for months.
Crafting Your CBD-Infused HoneyMaking your own jar of CBD-infused honey is relatively easy. It just takes time. Gather these supplies and get started.
- You will need a glass jar with a lid. Remember that it is best to store any CBD-infused product in a dark brown or blue jar. You can find these online or at any craft store.
- 6 ounces of natural honey. Be picky. Source your favorite honey from at any farm-to-market location.
- 250 milligrams of Purity CBD Oil
- As the honey thins, remove the lid and gently stir in the CBD oil. Continue to gently mix.
- Leave the honey jar in the pot of hot water, turning off the heat. Let rest for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove and let the infused honey cool to room temperature. Secure with lid.
Enjoy a Healthy CBD Infused SmoothieNow that you have a jar of CBD-infused honey, you can blend any smoothie that calls for honey as a sweetener or replace sugar with honey. In the Purity kitchen, we decided to create pineapple smoothies. Pineapple is another ingredient with antioxidants. We combined three healthy ingredients to include the ultimate antioxidant Summer smoothie. Pineapple CBD Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened and non-flavored almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 4 large chunks of fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of CBD infused honey
- A few ice cubes